Sunday, May 25, 2008

May 25

It is Sunday evening and I have spent a quiet Sabbath home alone, feeling content and, thankfully, not too sick! I slept until 2:30 p.m. with only potty breaks interrupting a restful sleep. I have managed to swallow some meals that didn't taste too bad and have been careful to drink lots of water. I can't be anything but grateful for the way the chemotherapy went this time. Having a day off from receiving chemo on Tuesday and Thursday seemed to help me tolerate the assault on my body much better than the last two regimens. I am so grateful to be able to be at home and not in the hospital. It will be interesting to see just what happens now that my blood count is so low. On Friday when I received the last infusion, I had a blood test taken. The result was that the platelets were low and I needed to have a transfusion that day. As it turned out, we had to go to American Fork Hospital for the the transfusion which ended up making the expected 3 hour infusion at the clinic a 7 hour marathon. It is always a new experience going to the doctor.

Now all there is to do is wait and watch, eat well, drink lots of water and pray that blood cells will develop quickly.
Thanks for your continuing prayers and concern.

Love,
Lulie

1 comment:

The Blackham3 said...

Lulie,
We love you and your courage! Keep it up! We pray for you everyday!
We Love You!
Sam, Jen and Ashlyn