Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chemo

I went to the doctor today, May 13. Test results from the biopsy showed that the cancer was back and that white cells were not maturing as was expected from the last two blood tests. Chemo will begin next Monday morning after a picc is inserted into my arm. The procedure will be an infusion taking abouta 3 hours at the clinic, I will be given a pack which contains another infusion which will go into the picc 12 hours later when I am at home. Tuesday I will return the pack to the clinic, go back on Wednesday to repeat Monday's process, return the pack on Thursday, repeat process on Friday, return on Saturday morning after the 6th infusion and receive a shot which jump starts the production of blood cells in the bone marrow. We will see how that regimen goes. I will just be given one kind of chemo (same as I got both times before) but will not be given a second kind as I did the first two times. The dosage will be a little stronger. So we will see how all this plays out. This gives me a few more days to get some tomatoes, melons and flowers planted and other jobs around the house done.
We will keep you updated when things get started.
Lulie