Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16

Mom didn't open her eyes at all yesterday, but did squeeze them a couple of times in response to something that was said to her. Many family members came by yesterday and at times we were a bit loud. Once again delightful conversation and family unity filled mom and dad's home with them in the center of it.

Mom's breathing is getting more shallow. Her pulse is still fluctuating. She seems to be resting comfortably. We are trying to make sure she is comfortable but we are novices at it. We wish Nurse Laurel was here to teach us how to be perfect nurses.

If you have questions call the house or drop me an e-mail.
Valerie

1 comment:

blogginator said...

I can't tell you how sorry I am that your wonderful Mother has passed away. I am Elayne Stanton (Allebest) and was Kathie's friend in college. One summer I had nowhere to live and Kathie invited me to stay with the family for a while until I could find a more permanent place. I found more spirituality, love, joy, and FUN in that home than I had ever experienced anywhere in my life. Lulie was the heart of the home and the service she rendered to all was so impressive to me as a young person. I felt privileged to meet most of the family and my life has been enriched immeasurably by the example she has set for me. The loss of your mother brings me to tears of gratitude that I got to see how one of Heavenly Father's choicest daughters could bring happiness to so many and influence generations to come. I wish I could come to the funeral, but I can't make it to Utah right now. I will be thinking of you all and praying that you have a wonderful celebration of her life! Warmest regards, Elayne Allebest